Minoring in Physics & Astronomy
The minor in Physics consists of 26 upper-division units in Physics. A minimum of 16 units must be unique to the minor and may not be used to satisfy major requirements.
First Tier (16 units)
- Physics 130A Classical Mechanics
- Physics 132 Thermal Physics
- Physics 135A Electricity and Magnetism
- One elective selected from:
- Physics 111 Astrophysics and Stellar Astronomy
- Physics 150A Introduction to Condensed Matter Physics
- Physics 151 Topics in Modern Condensed Matter Research
- Physics 164 Introduction to Nuclear Physics
- Physics 165 Introduction to Particle Physics
- Physics 166 Cosmology
- Physics 177 Computational Methods for Physical Sciences
At least 10 units from any upper-division Physics courses not chosen in the first tier. The combined units from the first and second tiers must add to at least 26 units.
- No more than 4 units of Physics 190 (undergraduate research), Physics 195 (Senior Thesis), Physics 199-I (Internship) courses may be used to fulfill the upper-division units for the minor.